Street Fighter LoA2 Demo Street Fighter LoA2 Demo

I was a huge fan of the first LoA. And honestly, this demo seemed a LOT better than that game! I'm not kidding - the fighting system, while not quite as intuitive, is a lot more complex, interesting, smooth, and closer to an actual fighting game than the first game.

Seriously - do NOT listen to the people who say the old system was better. As much as I liked the first game, it was NOT a perfect system. It was simple to learn, but it was very glitchy and awkward. Pure QTEs are not my preference.

That being said, the current system DOES have some bugs that need to be worked out. Guarding is definitely a problem here, as it is way too sensitive about where the mouse needs to be to be considered a "high" guard - too high, and it goes back to a "middle" guard. Here, a slight fusion with the old system might work - give the option for the player to use the keyboard arrows to select the guard position.

If people REALLY hate having to use the mouse, then you could let the system be controlled by spacebar presses or something similar instead as an option. But you've made a huge improvement to the engine in this demo, and the last thing I'd want to see is for you to throw it away for something old-fashioned and dated.

Muja responds:

Don't worry, It was never my intention to go back to the same old battle system.
What I got from the other reviews is that the new one needs to be a little faster, and that the bar system I used for the attacks ain't appealing as I thought.

All I want is to make the perfect system, and that's why I posted this very short demo, to test out some ideas, make some experiment.

The final result will be something definitely better (that's what I hope, at least).

This Game is a Joke 3 This Game is a Joke 3

Really...

It no longer has that feel the original had. In other words, it's starting to get old.

TheMillz responds:

Don't worry, it's the last ;)

Ultimate Crab Battle Ultimate Crab Battle

Excellent game

Way to take an old-school-type video game boss and make it even more insane.

I got first place as of this review! The trick is to hold "a" down instead of pressing it repeatedly. Even once he hits zero health, he will continue to live until his attack is finished. Keep shooting him, anyway, because you get more points.

FPS For Real FPS For Real

It's quite good!

The main problem; the enemies have too much health and they shoot too slowly.

Winter Rider Winter Rider

It's really nothing new.

As I said, it's good, but there's nothing here that hasn't been done before. Except the 3d-like parts. I haven't seen that. Although it's probably not that hard to do.

ninja game engine ninja game engine

I'm sorry...

I thought you said this was a GREAT game engine, not a shitty one with bugs up the ass.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it seems you didn't even try to fix th multiple bugs I see, mostly with multi-jumping and falling through platforms.

wrayayrton responds:

FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME YOUR A NINJA, YOU CSN JUMP FOREVER

Collect teh cookies! Collect teh cookies!

Very well done

Considering how basic it was, it was very well done (reminds me of something I'm making, except with no enemies and more humour).

Problems:
1. Try adding more levels. It was really short.
2. Make it harder. It was too easy for me.

Lemon Smash Lemon Smash

Very good

This is really fun. It has a silly concept, but it's great! Especially the expression of the guy with the hammer. A great stress reliever!

Coaly responds:

Haha yea it's comedy, good things it relieves some stress.

- Cheese - - Cheese -

Geez, I'm sorry

I'm really sorry, but this is more of a rip-off of Fishy than anything. Yes, you use Cheese instead of fish, but the engine is the same. You also didn't include instructions anywhere for the people who have never played Fishy. Also, the music, although good, doesn't suit the style of the game.

Better luck next time.

jozojozojozo responds:

Yea, I suppose it did suck..
And it was rushed, Ill get better graphics next time, with instructions. Thanks :D

Lion Dressup! Lion Dressup!

It's decent.

Really, most Dress-ups suck. But this was kind of original (a lion!), and the animated items were really silly. It's a decent effort.

white-darkness1 responds:

Lol. Thanks. I'm probably going to edit it later, add a few more items. Hair and stuff.